- The Second JHGCCO Systems Cafe Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:00 PM
- Seminar: Infant and Child Outcomes Associated with Maternal Nutritional Status Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:30 PM
- Invitation to HBO's "The Weight of the Nation" NIH Screening Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Socioeconomic Status and Overweight: Relationships Across Time and Place Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Simple Carbohydrate, Complicated Story: From Beverage to Sugar to Health Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Modeling Tobacco Policy Effects: What has Worked and What Has Not Worked Monday, March 5, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Systems Thinking in Community-Based Collaborative Research: The San Luis Obispo Hunger-Free Communities Project Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
Invitation to HBO's "The Weight of the Nation" NIH Screening
Date, Time & Place
NIH Director Dr. Francis S. Collins and HBO Documentary Films Vice President John Hoffman will give opening remarks, and NIH obesity experts will answer questions in a panel discussion after the screening.
"The Weight of the Nation," a documentary series addressing the national obesity epidemic and featuring NIH Director Dr. Collins and NIH-supported researchers, premieres May 14 and 15 on HBO. It is a presentation of HBO Documentary Films and the Institute of Medicine, in association with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the NIH, and in partnership with the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and Kaiser Permanente.
For more information, contact Maggie McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign language interpreters will be provided. Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation to participate in this event should contact the Clinical Center Office of Communications, Patient Recruitment, and Public Liaison at 301-496-2563. TTY users, please call through the Federal Relay Services at 1-800-877-8339.