- The Second JHGCCO Systems Cafe Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:00 PM
- Seminar: Infant and Child Outcomes Associated with Maternal Nutritional Status Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:30 PM
- Invitation to HBO's "The Weight of the Nation" NIH Screening Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Socioeconomic Status and Overweight: Relationships Across Time and Place Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Simple Carbohydrate, Complicated Story: From Beverage to Sugar to Health Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Modeling Tobacco Policy Effects: What has Worked and What Has Not Worked Monday, March 5, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
- Systems Thinking in Community-Based Collaborative Research: The San Luis Obispo Hunger-Free Communities Project Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
JHGCCO Seminar Announcement
Date, Time & Place
Dr. Stefanie Hinkle, a post-doctoral fellowship candidate for the JHGCCO Education and Training Core, will be presenting her dissertation research “Infant and Child Outcomes Associated with Maternal Nutritional Status”.
Dr. Hinkle has just completed her doctoral studies in Emory University’s Nutrition and Health Sciences Program. Her research examines the associations between maternal pre-pregnancy obesity and gestational weight gain on offspring outcomes, including fetal growth, adiposity, and neurodevelopment. She completed this work under the supervision of Dr. Andrea Sharma at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the Division of Reproductive Health as an ORISE fellow. Her findings have implications for the development of gestational weight gain recommendations for obese mothers and add to the growing literature on the diverse implications of maternal obesity.
Dr. Hinkle has applied to join the Center as a Post-doctoral Fellow in the Education and Training Core, to learn systems methods to study how socioeconomic status and the food system affect the already complex questions related to childhood obesity. Please take this opportunity to meet with her during her visit.